Being pollyannaish in every situation is still an unrealistic concept for many. Our brains are hardwired and programmed to focus on negative things and threats in a certain way. In this scenario, the advice of staying positive can turn into ‘glass-half-empty wisdom’ if not backed by constructive steps and measures. Maintaining positivity is not a one-day activity, but a daily challenge that requires focus and attention. You have to constantly work to develop a healthy mindset and overcome all negative tendencies and insecurities. Positive approach is not only good for your health but also for your daily performance and productivity. It can help you see endless possibilities in life even during tough times.
With simple efforts, you can easily eliminate your pessimistic thoughts and bring a long-lasting change in your behavior. Let’s have a look at the top secrets that will help you to stay positive in life:
- Avoid Negative Self-Talk: The first step in learning to focus on the positive requires knowing how to stop negative self-talk. Ruminating on negative thoughts is pernicious and can add fuel to bad tendencies and behavior. It is important to understand that most of our negative thoughts are just thoughts, not facts. Take a moment to slow down the momentum of negative thoughts in your mind to evaluate the reality and facts. There is no point in beating your head against the wall. Find a friend or colleague whom you can trust and share your feelings with. Declutter your thoughts and facts to come out from the cycle of negativity and build a positive outlook.
- Play Online Games: A lot of people stay positive by playing games online while making some serious moolah with their skills. Try to play games that help you achieve relaxation and add value to your time. You can play rummy online to stay positive while ensuring cognitive development. Playing rummy online improves mental rotation abilities, hastens attention allocation, enhances observation and analytical skills. You can discover the skills and intelligence that you might not realize you possess. Winning big cash prizes is another key factor that entices everyone, bringing online rummy into the limelight. Keep playing, learn from the ace players, participate in leagues, and grow by competing. You will learn how to work towards your winnings or goals and stay positive despite growing challenges and complex situations.
- Practice Gratitude: This fact is backed by science that practicing gratitude is good for your health. It will help you release positive chemicals in your brain, reduce anxiety and depression. Practice gratitude by taking out some time to notice good things in your life and be thankful to experience positive emotions, feel more alive, express compassion, and bring in positivity. You don’t need to reserve your gratitude for big occasions. You can express gratitude for getting an employee of the month certificate at work, winning a whopping amount in an online rummy tournament, baking a delicious cake, and much more. Keep a gratitude journal to regularly write and capture your successful moments for which you are thankful. This way you can channel positivity into your life and increase the overall life satisfaction.
- Treat Failures as Challenges: It is an interesting approach to treat your failures as hurdles in your way to success. If you are getting a feeling from inside that you can do it, then you must work hard and reach out for that passion. The only formula is to leave no room for negativity. Stop procrastinating, start acting. It can be time taking, but if you stay dedicated and consistent, you can overcome your failures and achieve anything in life. It’s a matter of taking that plunge. Find your tribe of like-minded individuals, interact with them, and challenge yourself daily to maximize your potential.
- Stress Less, Laugh More: Burdening yourself with unnecessary stress only makes things worse. Finding a reason to laugh can make all the difference. Laughter is a great stress reliever that improves mood, promotes healing, and facilitates positivity. You can also treat it as a tool to keep worries in proportion and realize that situations aren’t always as bad as you think. Many scientific assertions tell that ‘laughing therapy’ provides a frame of mind in which we can easily cope with all problems and negativity. It eases tension and sharpens our ability to concentrate. It doesn’t permanently solve problems but makes things easy and acceptable for you.
It is also important to note that you don’t have to be positive all the time. Pretending to be happy is exhausting and can put an insane amount of pressure on you. Life is unpredictable just like a game and you will come across many curveballs and twists. Stay strong and follow these ways to keep your head up.