The thought of winning in big Rummy tournaments is on every rummy enthusiast’s mind. Though it is quite challenging, many players work hard to join the ranks of ace players and gain massive winnings in big tournaments and leagues.
Winning an online rummy tournament is no big deal. You just have to apply simple concepts of mathematics along with your observation skills. Thinking in probabilities and sighting your opponents’ moves are paramount factors to win in a tournament. You need to stay alert of your opponents’ moves and observant about the cards in hands to decode their melding possibilities and combinations. You must never be hesitant to participate in a rummy tournament as it is a life-changing experience. You will get a chance to interact with ace players and learn from different experiences that shoot up your chances of learning the game better and becoming a pro.
Here is a rundown on how to win a rummy tournament:
- Pure Sequence over Joker Cards: Even ace players sometimes get too carried away after getting multiple jokers in hands and forget to prioritise pure sequence first. Forming a pure sequence should be the topmost priority no matter how good or bad your cards are. After forming a pure sequence, you can use the joker card to fit in incomplete combinations. One pure sequence without a joker is a must to win in big rummy tournaments. Always aim to make a simple sequence that ensures that you don’t get the sum of all points of all cards in your hand, in case your opponent declares the game first.
- Strategically Using High-Value Cards: The next best thing you can do is getting rid of cards with higher points, especially if they are of no use to you. But if you think that you can form sets or sequences with high-value cards, you can apply a reverse strategy by not discarding your high-value cards during the initial moves. Your rival may discard their high-value cards, enabling you to complete your combinations and declare first at the tournament.
- Using Joker in Multiple Ways: Joker cards are the versatile cards in a rummy game; the usage should be versatile as well. Use joker cards to bring an element of unpredictability to your game or just to complete your combination, the choice is all yours. Learn to improvise the ways of using your joker cards after forming a pure sequence. You can meld them with high-points cards, devise in discard strategy, or complete a set or impure sequence.
- Improvising Your Strategies: Every player should learn the art of improvising their strategies because situations aren’t the same always. Playing according to the situation and making the right moves is the real deal to win a tournament. Your moves must be well-thought and well-planned as you are playing with the ace players. Once you understand where the game is heading, you can alter your strategies depending on the scenario. There will be times where you need to confuse your opponents, retain your high-value cards, draw cards from the open pile, take a back seat, and much more. The best way to work around your strategies is by playing more games on high-stakes tables and competing with ace players. You can divide your bankroll into units to practice and experiment with new strategies on various rummy tables.
- Choose Your Tournament Type: There are multiple variants of rummy and having expertise in each one of them can be toilsome. You need to discover the variant you are good at to step up your game. Develop intelligent strategies that can be cracked only by you. When you are confident enough, play rummy on cash tables before joining tournaments to know your skills against highly-skilled players.
- Practice & Positive Attitude: The most important thing is to understand that no matter how skilled you are at rummy, not every time you will win. The outcome of each game depends on multiple factors like the cards you get, your starting hands, opponents’ level of expertise, your calculation and probabilities, etc. Consistent practice along with an optimistic approach in all situations is all you need to go a long way. Practice as much as possible before entering any big tournament. The more you practice, the higher your chances of winning. Always remember ‘the sweetest victory comes after the hardest battle’.
- Know when to quit: Competing at big rummy tournaments gives the players an out of the world experience. But every rummy player should know when to quit the game. There is no point in playing the game with a bad hand. If you feel that your cards are going to take you nowhere in the game, it is best to drop out.
Play online rummy at Adda52Rummy and experience an adrenaline rush with daily tournaments comprising a big prize pool. From amazing cashback to free tourney tickets, numerous offers are available to inject the thrill into your game.